Friends and clients: Would you invest $10,000 to make $40,000? What about investing $50,000 to make $200,000?
Well, we’ve got good news: This scenario is possible. In fact, just like in our second question, we recently helped a homeowner increase the value of her home by $200,000 by investing $50,000 into upgrading the look and feel of her property.
If you want to see these kinds of results for yourself, you’re in luck. Today we’re going to share our top five tips for maximizing home value.
1. Add a fresh coat of interior and exterior paint. We have a client who recently invested $6,000 in repainting the interior and exterior of their home. By doing this, they boosted the value of their home by about $30,000. The home looked almost brand-new.
2. Add new flooring. If you’ve got old, scratched-up floors in your home, new floors can be a great way to add value. And you don’t have to break the bank to do this. Luxury vinyl provides the look of expensive wood flooring without the cost.
3. Update the kitchen. This project is possibly the most value-boosting one on this list, but it can also be the most expensive. So be careful on which upgrades you take on. Be strategic with your spending to maximize your return.
4. Update the bathrooms. There are many ways to remodel your bathroom without moving around the plumbing. Upgrade flooring, add a new mirror, or update lighting can add a lot. Little things like adding fresh paint or reglazing the tub can make your bathrooms look fresh and updated as well.
5. Work on your landscaping. The curb appeal of your home can tell buyers a lot about your home. Fresh, neat landscaping can contribute greatly to a positive first impression. But it doesn’t take a fortune to make your landscaping look nice. Trimming up trees and bushes, adding fresh flowers, and mowing your lawn are all easy ways to spruce things up.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.